1. Do not include any identifying information in the document containing your work. Pieces submitted with names, UIDs, bios, or other identifying information in the document itself will be rejected.
2. You may only submit 5 pieces to Stylus. You may separately submit to Litfest, but no more than 5 entries will be considered for any single submitter per category.
3. With Submittable, submissions to Stylus and submissions to Litfest are completely different categories. Make sure that if you want a piece to be considered for both, you must manually submit it to both categories.
4. A valid UID is required to submit, and must be included in the "Cover Letter" field. Only University of Maryland undergraduate students may submit to Stylus.
5. Your name and a brief bio must be included in the "Cover Letter" field. The bio will accompany the work in event of publication.
6. Pieces should be submitted in a word processing document. (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt. Please, no Pages documents).
7. Art should be submitted as a .jpeg, .png, or .tif file.
8. Each piece should be submitted separately. Do not group pieces into one submission.
You may submit up to 5 poems.
Stylus has a 3,000 word limit on all prose pieces, with a sweet spot of 1,500 words. If any edits or revisions seem necessary, Stylus will contact you as soon as possible. You may submit up to 3 pieces.
Work should be accompanied by an English translation in the document file. Submit multilingual prose pieces to the prose category and multilingual poetry pieces to the poetry category.
Files should be at 300dpi or greater. Submitters should also include information about the medium and actual dimensions or size of each art piece in the comment field. Students unable to send their pieces electronically should contact our Art Editors. You may submit up to 3 pieces.
These submissions can consist of music, spoken-word/slam poetry, dance, and more. Files should be MP3 for audio submissions and MP4 or MOV for performance-based arts that have been filmed. We also accept links to SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, or other easy-to-navigate platforms for music or performances. You may submit up to 3 pieces. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.